Thursday, April 19, 2012

Choosing Ability for Hero

Hi, I can't find a solution to my problem anywhere although I think it should've been explained several times (can't find where).

I have a shop: Ability Learner

I have a Hero: Hero

I have (many) Items, 1 named: Animate Dead

I have (many) Abilities, 1 named: Animate Dead

And I want the Hero that buys an item and learn the related skill and be able to upgrade it like a regular skill.

Got some skills in JASS and GUI so if you can explain it short thank you.

I've tried: Adding all 71 abilities to the hero (using Shift+doubleclick) in the Object Editor and then Disable them in World Editor and with a JASS Trigger check up what item and Enable the corresponding skill to the bought item. [ I am completely sure that the JASS trigger doing this is not the fault]Result: Can only enable/learn/use the first 5 abilities in his (Hero - Abilties)list and the rest of the disabled abilities bought gets ignored.

I've tried: the almight simple "Unit - Add Ability" which only gives the hero the ability without being able to upgrade it in the "Hero Abilities" menu/button.

and finally I've tried making the ability Unit typed in case that would be the problem although it wasn't.

(And the trigger Hero - Learn Skill has nothing to do with this so please don't reply with that answer)

Thank you for support, if I get any. Kind regards: Dennis|||this is almost exactly what i am trying to do and added my problem to another post. Altho i dont know anything about jass. Hoping for a solution soon

No comments:

Post a Comment