Thursday, April 19, 2012

How do I turn Cripple into a persistent aura

I'm really ticked off that I cannot figure this out, but I need a unit ability that reduces attack speed and damage. I figured the most efficient way of doing that is to use the Cripple spell and make it an aura or persistent ability. How can I do that? Preemptive thanks!|||Quote:






View Post

I'm really ticked off that I cannot figure this out, but I need a unit ability that reduces attack speed and damage. I figured the most efficient way of doing that is to use the Cripple spell and make it an aura or persistent ability. How can I do that? Preemptive thanks!




You could try the
Code:
a unit comes within 256.00 of a unit

trigger event, so whoever comes into the range your aura, use a dummy caster to cast cripple on it. If you only want to cripple enemies then you can add a condition to check if it's an enemy unit

I have never used this event, so I don't know if it's going to work, but it sounds like it worth a try.|||So no idea on how to make it into an ability (forget aura)? There has to be a way to edit a persistent ability to have the same desired effect, right?|||Here's how to make an aura identical to cripple.

Give the unit a modified endurance aura and set the attack speed increase and movement speed increase to a negative value. Then give the unit a command aura and set the attack damage increase into a negative value.

EDIT: And make sure that those auras now affect enemies instead of allies =P|||Thank you for the help, I hadn't even thought of negatives. Props!|||Hey, sorry to horn in on your topic. But would setting negatives work on a life regeneration aura?

Say i wanted my boss to have an aura that causes damage per second, could i modify, say, the fountain of lifes regeneration aura into negative values, therefore making it deduct health?|||The best way to create a anti-regen aura in my experience is using Unholy Aura and turning it negative and affecting enemy units instead of friendly. Also, if you want a regen aura aswell they will stack, canceling eachother out if both are set at+10 / -10. for example.

No comments:

Post a Comment