Saturday, April 21, 2012

Need help with AI editor and find a reason for the random crashes in custom map.

Ive been working on an old custom map I made. It has most basic units but as heroes rather than normal units.

The problem I'm running into is kind of basic and tohught that most of you out there have allready known how to fix this. The problem is that when the computer attacks it often runs away after the first hit which is kind of rediculous.

I'm also having a lot of other problems with the map; stuff like random crashing, Computer not using custom spells (or so it seems) and expierience being divided evenly reguardless of range (even after changing this in the gameplay constants window -->Hero XP - Global Distribution = False) and finally I cant figure out whats stopping me from playing this map (or any other with my custom object data imported on it) over a LAN.

I might try attatching the file if anyone wants to test it out and see whats causing it to crash. Just I need to condense the file a lot before i upload it. And just so you know theres a few triggers in there that i just left unedited that are pretty much useless (the coding is all wrong) but I keep them there to remember what I once wanted to do.

Edit: It failed to upload...could not upload the file types (.zip .wai .w3o .wtg or .wct) =( if you want them I can email them to you though.

Edit: the crashes definently seem to be related to the AI because when I play single player it hardly ever crashes. Only when the enemy does something (I'm not sure what) the game will crash without any error report or anything. I have tried saving and reloading but it gets to a point where when i load and play for about 5 seconds the game will crash every time i try to load. And it's allways after the exact same amount of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment