Thursday, April 19, 2012

Old map, new patch...

Hey guys

Not sure where to post, but here goes.

Some friends of mine and I, usually play a few different TD maps in FZ. After the most recent patch most, if not all, maps have stopped working. Can anything simple be done to rectify this?

The most played of these is:

Battletanks 9.7

We've found an older version that works, but its not as fun :-)

Thanks in advance!

/MiV|||Those maps probably use the return bug, a feature that gave mapmakers more flexibility, but also let mapmakers run arbitrary code on your computer (like a virus) if you ran the map.

The new patch removed the return bug, thus breaking lots of maps.

If those maps are protected, you can't do anything about them. If they are not protected, you'll have to go through them yourself and replace all the instances of the return bug and use things like GetHandleId() and the new hashtables.

I'm just making this up, by the way, but I'm pretty sure this is the case.|||I can see this requires some work. Which I'm willing to put some effort into. I do ask 1 thing though. Can you point me towards some guide as to WTF to do :) Don't understand half of what you said and I tried opening the map with World Editor and now it makes even less sense ;)

/MiV

No comments:

Post a Comment